Monday 4 June 2012

Swimming Dogs & Swarming Bees


I’ve decided I’m a workaholic. It’s the bank holiday weekend and although I’m not seeing clients, well not until Tuesday, I’m still itching to do a bit of work now and then. I’ve been working on an idea for a book which is very much still at the idea and development stage but it keeps popping into my head. I am trying to recharge my batteries after an exhausting four months. Not helped by my dog getting me up at 5.30am with an upset stomach. All better now but not the best way to start the day.

Last Sunday I ran a workshop for the Canine Hydrotherapy Association. It was specifically aimed at hydro therapists but also attracted physiotherapists. The venue and weather were perfect. We spent the morning in a paddock moving around with the shade and the afternoon saw us cooling off in the dog pool with practical sessions. Tellington TTouch can be so beneficial when combined with hydro. It can relax stressed dogs, calm excitable ones and help with pain relief amongst other things.

After a busy week I was walking my dog Bea yesterday and found a swarm of honey bees clung to each other on a low branch. They were cold and wet and as the weather wasn’t getting any better soon, I really feared for the 2000 odd bees’ survival. We need every bee we have as they are so important for pollination. A friend put me onto a local beekeeper that sent the word out and within a very short time they were rescued and re-housed in a cosy hive a few miles away. The cold can really be a problem for swarming bees that get caught out with our unpredictable weather. If you see a swarm please do call the local beekeepers representative who will be very grateful for the tip off.

No comments:

Post a Comment